PopCap Announces First Major Merchandising Agreements For Plants Vs. Zombies, Bejeweled And More
PopCap, maker of Plants Vs. Zombies and Bejeweled, today announced it has finalised a number of licensing deals that expand its blockbuster properties beyond the digital realm into new formats, mediums and products for the first time in the company’s twelve year history.
PopCap’s first brand licensing agreements have been signed with Trends International, Bioworld Merchandising, Funko, MjC International, JazwaresÔ and Walls360. The first products from PopCap’s partners will begin appearing this spring and will be based on the company’s global hit franchise Plants vs. Zombies, with plans to bring Bejeweled and other franchises to fans in early 2013.
So if you’re American or European, this is what you can expect to see on store shelves soon:
- Bioworld Merchandising will be creating apparel, headwear, bags and accessories
- Jazwares is developing a series of plush toys, figures and electronic accessories including headphones, USBs, speakers and device cases
- Walls360 will be offering a starting line-up of wall graphics including individual characters and exclusive bundles
- Funko will be creating Plants vs. Zombies versions of their distinctive Pop! Vinyl Figurines
- MjC International is working on adult sleepwear and boxers
- Trends International is developing calendars and posters