Following the announcement of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen last year, Capcom have confirm details about this expansion.
Scheduled for release on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 from 23 April in North America and 26 April across Europe, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is the next chapter in the Dragon’s Dogma franchise, offering a huge brand new area, missions, enemies and more, plus all of the content from the original game. You can read our review to see what we thought of the original game, but the new version will allow you to discover an underground realm, complete with terrifying foes to face and treasure to find as you embark on an all new quest.
If you own a copy of the original Dragon’s Dogma (and still have you save file) you will be able to export your existing characters and data, to continue your journey seamlessly. You’ll also get the 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free.
They’ve also fixed some problems plus made some improvements, such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game. Cool beans!
Here’s everything you can expect in once nice easy list:
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 new enemies.
- Level 3 Skills – DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment – all new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
And there’s more:
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over
Sounds like good value to us, especially as the digital version is only going to cost €29.99/£19.99.
April 26: Xbox 360 disc based version (with a digital version to follow as a Games on Demand title in the Summer)